Honey Maple Glazed French Toast Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
Honey Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Heavenly Organics White Honey
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Extra cinnamon and nutmeg, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-count donut pan. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a medium bowl, combine extracts, eggs, sugar, buttermilk, and melted butter.
4. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, and stir until smooth.
5. Put mixture in a large plastic ziploc bag and cut off a bottom corner to distribute evenly into donut pan.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until donuts spring back when touched.
7. Allow pan to cool for 5 minutes then transfer donuts to a wire cooling rack. Prepare glaze while donuts cool.
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter, honey, and syrup over medium heat. Stir in extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and confectioners sugar while mixture is hot.
2. Whisk until smooth and immediately pour over cooled donuts. Allow to cool for a few minutes and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Floral and fragrantShop Now