Honey Sugar Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Heavenly Organics Whole Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Heavenly Organics White Honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out cookies
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp heavy cream
- 3-4 tsp milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp White honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Yellow food coloring
1. Beat butter and Whole Cane Sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Mix in White Honey, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon, and then stir in flour mixture until combined.
4. Divide the dough in half, and wrap each half in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
6. Roll out 1 half of dough at a time on a floured surface until about ⅛ inch thick.
7. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
8. Bake until cookies are lightly golden, 12-15 minutes.
9. As cookies bake, make icing. Combine powdered sugar and cream in a mixer until smooth, then add White Honey, vanilla, and milk.
10. Tint half the icing yellow, and decorate.
11. For honeycomb, pipe one hexagon shape in the middle. Using that shape and size, you can create the other hexagon shapes.
12. For a bee, pipe one big oval for the body, and a smaller circle for the head. Then pipe two large wings and two small wings.
13. Serve and enjoy!