Roast Chicken with a White Honey Lemon Baste
- 1 (3lb) roasting chicken
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp Heavenly Organics White Honey
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard (such as Ingelhoffer)
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine honey, mustard, and lemon juice in a saucepan, and heat until warm and well-mixed.
3. Whisk rosemary into baste.
4. Put chicken in a roasting pan.
5. Using a brush, coat chicken in honey lemon mixture on every available surface - even inside the cavity.
6. Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken.
7. Cover chicken with foil.
8. Place chicken in the oven and begin to roast. After 45 minutes, remove foil.
9. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer reads between 160° and 165°, and will cook around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
Floral and fragrantShop Now