Roast Chicken with a White Honey Lemon Baste
- 1 3lb roasting chicken
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons White Honey
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (ex. Ingelhoffer)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine honey, mustard, and lemon juice in a saucepan, and heat until warm and well-mixed.
3. Whisk rosemary into baste.
4. Put chicken in a roasting pan.
5. Using a brush, coat chicken in honey lemon mixture on every available surface - even inside the cavity.
6. Salt and pepper the outside of chicken well.
7. Cover chicken with foil.
8. Put chicken in the oven and begin to roast. After 45 minutes, remove foil.
9. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer reads between 160 and 165 degrees, and will cook around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.