Spicy Honey Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup sriracha
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ½ Tbsp sesame seeds
- Cilantro to garnish if desired
1. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and add quinoa. Bring quinoa to a simmer and cover. Cook for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
2. Remove from heat, and fluff with a fork.
1. Melt coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Add chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, sriracha, and lemon juice.
3. Add sauce to the pan and cook for about 8 more minutes until sauce thickens. Chicken should be cooked through. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve over quinoa. Top with scallions and sesame seeds. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Bright and tangyShop Now